- In-home Care Resources
- The benefits of in-home care
How in-home care can benefit your loved ones in old age
Absolute Care & Health on 13 December 2018
As your loved ones get older their daily routine and habits may change, but their need for the comforts of home and the companionship of family and friends will remain. While small lifestyle adjustments are inevitable, getting older shouldn’t mean a disorienting change of living environment.
We provide high quality in-home care services, so your loved ones can enjoy the familiarity and comfort of their own home for longer, helping to ease the challenges of ageing. We’ll also personalise our home care packages to their unique needs, whether that be an extra helping hand around the house occasionally or friendly companionship a few days a week.
- Daily routines and habits of your loved ones may change as they get older
- Comfort of home and need for companionship will remain
- In-home aged care allows for an enhanced lifestyle with health and wellbeing benefits
How in-home aged care in can help your loved ones
From aiding their mobility and post-retirement lifestyle, to maintaining their all-important social connections with the broader community, the benefits of Absolute Care & Health’s Melbourne-based in-home care services are broad. We understand bringing one of our caregivers into the family home is a big decision, so we’ve outlined how it can help your loved ones enjoy enhanced health and wellbeing:
1. Maintaining independence
Mobility gives us the sense of freedom and independence that makes life fun. It’s also something that’s easy to take for granted when we’re young and losing our ability to move around with ease can be a huge frustration with ageing.
One of the biggest benefits of in-home aged care for your loved ones, is the assistance our caregivers can provide in aiding their movement within their family home, whilst also helping them to venture outside regularly for fresh air and sunshine.
- Keeping moving is a great way to stay healthy in old age
- Our caregivers will help your loved ones maintain their sense of independence
2. Staying connected with the broader community
There’s a whole world out there to explore! Keeping your loved ones engaged with the broader community is something our caregivers do very well and is vital to maintaining general health and wellbeing well into their senior years.
From simple tasks like doing the groceries or walking the dog, to catching up with good friends at the local pub, we’ll be there to keep them connected with others and enjoying the freedom of their leisure time with a sense of purpose.
- Maintaining social connections is vital to health and wellbeing
- Our caregivers can accompany your loved ones to catch ups with friends and other social activities
3. Enjoying companionship to combat loneliness
Sometimes a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to lean on is all we need to get through those inevitable ups and downs in life. As our loved ones get older, their need for companionship only grows, especially if family and friends live far away.
At Absolute Care & Health, we’re all about helping people age well by tending to their mental health needs as well as more practical concerns. That’s why we go to great lengths in matching them with a caregiver they’ll get along with. A caring professional who’ll not only help with the housework but will also be there for them when they just need someone to talk to.
- We’ll match your loved one with the right caregiver who’ll provide a listening ear and companionship
4. Benefit from government funding, where eligible
Money shouldn’t be a barrier to your loved ones receiving the best care in their old age, which is why all our in-home care plans include the option of government (as well as privately) funded packages.
Known officially as ‘Home Care Packages’, this option is available to all elderly Australians who meet specific eligibility criteria, based upon their income and assets, and involves the federal government directly paying Absolute Care & Health for the services we provide. This means smaller or in some cases, no out-of-pocket expenses for you to worry about.
- Government funded ‘home care packages’ or NDIS plans are also available for elderly Australians, subject to eligibility criteria.
Get in touch about in-home aged care in Melbourne today
Keen to find out more? Let’s talk about the benefits today. We’d love to hear from you and our friendly team are always happy to help!